- Revolutionary approach to the study of human anatomy provides a holistic map of myoanatomy to help improve the outcomes of physical therapies that are traditionally used to manage pain and other musculoskeletal disorders.
- Relevant theory descriptions are applied to all common types of movement, posture analysis, and physical treatment modalities.
- Intuitive content organization allows students to reference the concept quickly or gain a more detailed understanding of any given area according to need.
- Section on myofascial force transmission in gait dynamics is written by guest author James Earls.
- Robust appendices discuss the relevance of the Anatomy Trains concept to the work of Dr Louis Schultz (Meridians of Latitude), Ida Rolf (Structural Integration), and correspondences with acupuncture meridians.
- New photos and images of fascial tissues, adhesions, and layers provide a better understanding of text content.
- Revised and expanded content reflects the most up-to-date research and latest evidence for the scientific basis of common clinical findings.
- New, larger library of videos includes animations and webinars with the author.
- New Anatomy Trains in Motion section by guest author Karin Gurtner uses Pilates-evolved movement to explore strength and plasticity along myofascial meridians.
- New addition: Anatomy Trains in Quadrupeds (horses and dogs) is mapped for equine and pet therapies by Rikke Schultz, DVM, Tove Due, DVM, and Vibeke Elbrønd, DVM, PhD.
- New appendix: Updated fascial compendium on elements, properties, neurology, and origins of the fascial system.
- NEW! enhanced eBook version is included with print purchase, which allows students to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.