Unstrung: Rants and Stories of a Noise Guitarist
- Marc Ribot will be very involved in the promotion. He is truly a music icon with a devoted following.
- Akashic is very tied into the indie music scene and we have had great success in this area.
- Ribot has been very active in musicians' rights for decades and most recently he joined numerous musicians, such as Beth Orton, Laurie Anderson, Rosanne Cash, Boots Riley, Beal Fleck, and more and signed a Music Workers Alliance petition that aims to help artists who are all struggling during the coronavirus pandemic and calls for "basic fairness in the digital marketplace."
- His albums regularly land on end of year "Best of" lists, including on NPR's All Songs Considered.
- Ribot has been involved with numerous films, both as a composer and guitarist. Film credits include: Walk the Line, Where the Wild Things Are, Everything Is Illuminated, The Departed, etc.
- In addition to a successful solo career, Ribot has performed and recorded with numerous musicians over the years, including Tom Waits, Wilson Pickett, Chuck Berry, Marianne Faithful, Neko Case, Cibo Matto, Allen Ginsburg, Norah Jones, the Black Keys, etc.
Marc Ribot has released twenty-five albums under his own name over a forty-year career, exploring everything from the pioneering jazz of Albert Ayler to the Cuban son of Arsenio Rodríguez. Rolling Stone points out that "Ribot helped Tom Waits refine a new, weird Americana on 1985's Rain Dogs, and since then he's become the go-to guitar guy for all kinds of roots-music adventurers: Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Elvis Costello, John Mellencamp." Additional recording credits include Neko Case, Diana Krall, Elton John/Leon Russell's The Union, Solomon Burke, John Lurie's Lounge Lizards, Marianne Faithfull, Joe Henry, Allen Toussaint, Medeski, Martin & Wood, Caetano Veloso, Allen Ginsberg, Madeleine Peyroux, Norah Jones, the Black Keys, and many others. Ribot works regularly with GRAMMY Award-winning producer T Bone Burnett and New York composer John Zorn. He has also composed and performed on numerous film scores such as Walk the Line, The Kids Are All Right, and The Departed.