The Financial Times Guide to Banking is a comprehensive introduction to how banks and banking works. Best-selling author Glen Arnold provides you with a foundation for understanding the wide variety of activities undertaken by banks. He shows you why these global institutions are so important to consumers and finance professionals alike and explains how their activities impact on everyday life.
The Financial Times Guide to Banking will give you:
- A thorough understanding of all types of banking from retail through to asset management and investment banking.
- An overview of global banking including the worldwide evolution of the sector, the influence of cross-border money flows and the importance of modern banking to international development
- Expert knowledge about instruments and markets including debt markets, futures markets and swaps and options
- Insight into the crucial importance of central banking and government regulation
- Answers to the big questions about monetary policy and interest rates, payment systems and banking success
Glen Arnold is the author of Corporate Financial Management, now in its 4th edition, Financial Times Guide to Value Investing 2e, The Handbook of Corporate Finance, FT Guide to Investing, 2e, The FT Guide to the Financial Markets and The Great Investors. FT Guide to Investing is the most successful book in the personal finance section of Total Consumer Market by value