Porsche 911: 50 Years
inkl. gesetzl. MwSt.Sofort per Download lieferbar
- Sie können dieses eBook verschenken i
Best-selling author Randy Leffingwell celebrates a half-century of one of the world's premiere sports cars, focusing on the major themes that have defined Porsche's rear-engined wonder.
Porsche 911: 50 Years tells the whole story-design and development, racing and competition, engineering and technology, style and culture. All the iconic 911 models are included:
- The original 901 prototype that set the standard
- The legendary RS models that made the little Porsche a dominant force on the world's racetracks
- The infamous Turbo, the car that kept the performance flame alight during the dark, dismal decade of the 1970s
- The fabled 959, the model that redefined the term "sports car"
- The 993, last of the original air-cooled models
- The 996, 997, and 991, the liquid-cooled cars that brought the 911 into a new millennium
Leffingwell also tells the story of the 911 community-the clubs and culture that surround the car.
Together, all of these facets make Porsche 911: 50 Years the most essential book in any Porsche owner or fan's library.
Randy Leffingwell wrote his first book, American Muscle, in 1989 while still on staff at the Los Angeles Times. Since then, he has authored more than 50 other titles, covering subjects from sports cars to motorcycles to farm tractors. Leffingwell is considered one of the top transportation photographers and historians working today. Some of his previous bestselling Motorbooks titles include Art of the Corvette, Porsche 911: Fifty Years, John Deere: A History of the Tractor, and The Harley-Davidson Motor Co. Archive Collection (with Darwin Holmstrom). He lives in Santa Barbara, California.