Unlock the meaning of your data with QlikView
The Qlik platform was designed to provide a fast and easy data analytics tool, and QlikView Your Business is your detailed, full-color, step-by-step guide to understanding Qlikview's powerful features and techniques so you can quickly start unlocking your data's potential. This expert author team brings real-world insight together with practical business analytics, so you can approach, explore, and solve business intelligence problems using the robust Qlik toolset and clearly communicate your results to stakeholders using powerful visualization features in QlikView and Qlik Sense.
This book starts at the basic level and dives deep into the most advanced QlikView techniques, delivering tangible value and knowledge to new users and experienced developers alike. As an added benefit, every topic presented in the book is enhanced with tips, tricks, and insightful recommendations that the authors accumulated through years of developing QlikView analytics.
This is the book for you:
* If you are a developer whose job is to load transactional data into Qlik BI environment, and who needs to understand both the basics and the most advanced techniques of Qlik data modelling and scripting
* If you are a data analyst whose job is to develop actionable and insightful QlikView visualizations to share within your organization
* If you are a project manager or business person, who wants to get a better understanding of the Qlik Business Intelligence platform and its capabilities
What You Will Learn:
The book covers three common business scenarios - Sales, Profitability, and Inventory Analysis. Each scenario contains four chapters, covering the four main disciplines of business analytics: Business Case, Data Modeling, Scripting, and Visualizations.
The material is organized by increasing levels of complexity. Following our comprehensive tutorial, you will learn simple and advanced QlikView and Qlik Sense concepts, including the following:
* Transforming Transactional data into Dimensional models
* Building a Star Schema
* Linking multiple fact tables using Link Tables
* Combing multiple tables into a single fact able using Concatenated Fact models
* Managing slowly changing dimensions
* Advanced date handling, using the As of Date table
* Calculating running balances
Basic and Advanced Scripting:
* How to use the Data Load Script language for implementing data modeling techniques
* How to build and use the QVD data layer
* Building a multi-tier data architectures
* Using variables, loops, subroutines, and other script control statements
* Advanced scripting techniques for a variety of ETL solutions
Building Insightful Visualizations in QlikView:
* Introduction into QlikView sheet objects -- List Boxes, Text Objects, Charts, and more
* Designing insightful Dashboards in QlikView
* Using advanced calculation techniques, such as Set Analysis and Advanced Aggregation
* Using variables for What-If Analysis, as well as using variables for storing calculations, colors, and selection filters
* Advanced visualization techniques - normalized and non-normalized Mekko charts, Waterfall charts, Whale Tail charts, and more
Building Insightful Visualizations in Qlik Sense:
* Introducing Qlik Sense - how it is different from QlikView and what is similar?
* Creating Sense sheet objects
* Building and using the Library of Master Items
* Exploring Qlik Sense unique features -- Storytelling, Geo Mapping, and using Extensions
Whether you are just starting out with QlikView or are ready to dive deeper, QlikView Your Business is your comprehensive guide to sharpening your QlikView skills and unleashing the power of QlikView in your organization.
OLEG TROYANSKY is the President of Natural Synergies, the first North American BI firm that was created with the focus on QlikView solutions, services and education. He is a well-known QlikView educator and advocate, a 2014 QlikView luminary and a speaker at the Masters Summit for QlikView.
TAMMY GIBSON is a Senior QlikView Consultant at Natural Synergies. She's been developing QlikView solutions since 2004. She is also the co-founder and CTO of VenueCube, a company providing business intelligence analytics to entertainment venues and convention centers.
CHARLES LEICHTWEIS is a Senior Advisor of Phoenix Strategic Advisors and the head of their Sustainable Profitable Growth Practice. Charlie has led companies in a variety of "C" suite roles in a career that spans 30 plus years. He holds an MBA in Operations Management, and is a CPA and CMA.