Hillier, D: Corporate Finance /European Edition
The third edition of Corporate Finance retains its clear and user friendly writing style to cover all of the latest research and topic areas most pertinent to Corporate Finance courses .This new edition sees updated discussion on current trends such as ethics and risk, as well new Real World Insight boxes which provide real life examples of corporate finance in practice.
Understanding and Application
- Example boxes in every chapter to provide hypothetical examples to illustrate theoretical concepts.
- New to this edition are Real World Insight boxes which use real companies to show how they have applied corporate finance theories and concepts to their businesses and business decisions.
- Chapter links in the margin provide quick cross-referencing to show students the connections between topics.
- Targeted additional reading provides next steps for students to cement their understanding with relevant current research.
Practice and Proficiency
- Between 30 and 40 Questions and Problems per chapter are categorised by topic and level of difficulty.
- Exam Questions designed to take 45 minutes and test you on material learned in a more formal exam style.
- Mini and Practical cases present scenarios and questions to practise applying what you have learnt.
McGraw-Hill Connect is a digital teaching and learning environment that improves performance over a variety of critical outcomes; it is easy to use; and it is proven effective.
For students, there is easy online access to homework, tests and quizzes. Immediate feedback on how well you're doing as well as access to practice materials, self-test quizzes and an interactive eBook.
For instructors, there is the ability to create auto-graded assignments, tests and quizzes online. The detailed visual reporting allows you to easily monitor your students' progress.
SmartBook: Fuelled by LearnSmart -the most widely used and intelligent adaptive learning resource -SmartBook is the first and only adaptive reading experience available today.
LearnSmart is the most widely used and intelligent adaptive learning resource that is proven to strengthen memory recall, improve course retention and boost grades.
David Hillier is Professor of Finance at the University of Strathclyde, teaches regularly in development programs for executives and has taught courses for a wide variety of professional clients, including the World Bank and the National Health Service in the UK. It is part of the editorial board of several international journals of finance.