Europe's Best Trips
38 Amazing Road Trips. Extra Pull-out Map
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring Europe with Lonely Planet Europe's Best Trips , your passport to up-to-date advice. Featuring 40 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can discover Italy following our Grand Tour or wind your way along Ireland's Ring of Kerry, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Europe, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Europe's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - over 130 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Covers Italy, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Europe's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Europe via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
- Planning a European trip sans a car? Lonely Planet Europe guide, our most comprehensive guide to Europe, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific European country? Check out Lonely Planet Great Britain, France, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Switzerland, Austria or Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all these countries have to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times