Lonely Planet: The world´s leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet´s California´s Best Trips. Featuring 35 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can marvel beneath towering Redwoods or cruise along the iconic Pacific Coast Highway, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet´s California´s Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itinerariesandplanning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 80 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs,Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers San Francisco, Los Angeles, Napa Valley, Orange County, Palm Springs, Big Sur, Santa Monica, Monterey, San Diego, Sonoma Valley, Lake Tahoe, Carmel, San Luis Obispo and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet´s California´sBest Trips is perfect for exploring California in the classic American way-by road trip!
- Planning a Californian trip sans a car? Lonely Planet´s California guide, our most comprehensive guide to California, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems, or check out Discover California, a photo-rich guide to the state´s most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on a specific Californian city? Check out Lonely Planet´s San Francisco guide orLos Angeles, San Diego & Southern California guide for a comprehensive look at all that these cities have to offer, or Pocket San Francisco or Pocket Los Angeles, handy-sized guides focused on the can´t-miss sights for a quick trip.
There´s More in Store for You:
- For more road-tripping ideas, check out Lonely Planet´s USA Best Trips guidesto New England, Southwest USA, Pacific Northwest, Florida & the South, New York & the Mid-Atlantic, and USA.
- Or start with our FREE SAMPLER ´USA´s Best Trips: 7 Amazing Road Trips,´ with excerpts from each guide to help you pick which region to explore first.
- Also, check out Lonely Planet´s European Best Trips guides to Italy, France, and Ireland and our FREE SAMPLER ´Europe´s Best Trips: 3 Amazing Road Trips´ for more road trip inspiration.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Sara Benson, Nate Cavalieri and Beth Kohn.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world´s leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.